Friday, October 4, 2019

Humans of LBCC


                                                                        Skye Wheeler 
LBCC Business Office
I met Skye on Wednesday when I was settling my tuition payment, and her friendliness brought me to choose her for one of my subjects for Humans of LBCC. I asked Skye, "How are you involved at LB?"
She responds telling me, "I work in the Business office. I help students manage and make payments for their accounts. One of the speciality things that I do around here, is that I manage all outside scholarships coming in for our students," I then asked Skye how long she had been tenured at LB. "Just a little over a year and a half," Skye tells me that she has really enjoyed working at LB, and loves seeing students succeed. Skye tells me that her favorite part of working at LB is "Every year new students and new faces come through those doors, and you get to meet the people who are about to go out there and change our world, It is an extreme privilege for us to help and shape those new leaders,"












                                                                        Logan Hanson
                                                                 LBCC Baseball Team
This is Logan Hanson, he's a starting outfielder for the LB baseball team (and my roommate.)
I began with asking Logan what his major is, "I don't have an official major anymore because I dropped the business major title last year," I asked Logan about life as a student athlete and the struggles that having to balance school, and athletics can pose to those students. "It can be tough, having to manage time with practice and games, sometimes having to travel for those games. It is extremely time consuming and then when you add homework onto that, it almost feels impossible sometimes. A combination of hard work, persistence, and using the resources at LB have always helped me succeed," Just for a little fun I asked Logan about his favorite TV show. "My favorite show is definitely Naruto, It's about like 500 twenty minute episodes, so it takes a good while to get through it all but it's really good."

No comments:

Post a Comment